This document sets out the terms and conditions between Codecamp Romania and you - the “attendee” - (including, but not limited to, “participant”, “speaker”, “volunteer” and “representative of a partner/sponsor”) when you purchase a ticket or register for any event or conference organised by Codecamp Romania or participate in any survey of Codecamp Romania. By purchasing a ticket or registering for an event or conference organised by Codecamp Romania or participating in a survey you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions. You should read this document carefully.
Codecamp Romania reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any amended terms and conditions will be posted on this website. Applicable from May 25, 2018.
Codecamp Romania events are being organised by Codecamp SRL (and its affiliates “Asociația Codecamp Iasi” and “Strongbytes Consulting SRL”), a wholly Romanian-owned company, which is in the main business of organising technology conferences and building conference related software.
Personal Data and Declaration of Consent
Your privacy is important to us, that is why in the following paragraphs, we will explain what happens to your personal data.
We assure you that your personal data is processed legally and transparently. Our legal basis for managing your personal data is your consent, given freely, when you decide to register at one of our conferences or events.By registering to a Codecamp Romania conference or event, as an attendee you give the consent for Codecamp Romania to collect, process and use your Personal Data for the purposes of processing the purchase of your ticket and for any other use to which you have consented, including the importation of contact information for which you have provided your explicit prior consent.
Your personal data is used only for the purposes listed below and only if you give your consent. When you are attending a conference, we will use your Personal Data to:
- process your payments (where applicable) and thus your registration and facilitate your attendance at the event;
- provide you with information regarding the conference including scheduling and logistics;
- provide you with other information that we believe may be of interest to conference attendees;
- register into our email database to keep you informed about similar events (conferences, masterclasses, community events) from where you can choose at any time to opt-out from the communication list;
- we may also process your data automatically, to improve our Analytics system for enhanced networking opportunities and tailored content, if you give your consent for this.
- we may also transfer (share) your Personal Data (other than payment information) of conference attendees with selected conference partners. The purpose of this is to enable conference attendees to keep in touch with the conference’s partners after the conference for networking purposes, if you give your consent for this.
If you do not wish your Personal Data (name, job title, email, address, country, company name or other related information) to be processed further, or if you notice any discrepancies, please email us at [email protected].
Your personal data shared with third parties will be kept in our data base for the period of one year, period that we think is appropriate, given the purpose for which we process them.
Your personal data is processed in a way that ensures their security and confidentiality, including unauthorized or illegal use or against their loss, destruction or deterioration.
The data we collect is yours and it is important that you know your rights concerning it:
Right of Access
You have a right to be given a copy of any of your Personal Data held by Codecamp Romania in accordance with section 4 of the Data Protection Acts subject to certain exceptions. Requests for a copy of your Personal Data can be emailed to [email protected].
Right of rectification or erasure
If Codecamp Romania holds incorrect information about you which was originally submitted by you through this website, you have the right to have the data amended. Further, you have the right to have any information you have sent to us via this website erased. To request your right to rectification and/or erasure please send your request to [email protected].
Requests should include: your name and address and a description of the specific Personal Data you wish rectified.
In specific cases, where we use third-party platforms (e.g. Eventbrite, Mailchimp) to organise the events, you have direct access to your Personal Data so that you can get a copy, rectify or erase it.
Right of restriction of processing
You have the right to request at any time to stop processing your data by Codecamp Romania or by third parties (to whom we shared your Personal Data).
We strive to keep your Personal Data safe, therefore we carefully choose where your Personal Data is stored. To process your personal data, we use the following GPDR compliant third-party processors: Eventbrite (event management system), Mailchimp (marketing platform) and Dropbox (workspace and cloud storage).
You can unsubscribe from Codecamp Romania communications by clicking on the link in each newsletter received or by email to [email protected].
Usage of photographic and video material
Codecamp Romania takes photographic and video material of attendees at events. In registering for a conference, you acknowledge that we may include images of yourself intact or in part for material used in various publications, press releases, promotional activities, or other related endeavors. This material may also appear on the Codecamp Romania conferences website or related social media pages.
Usage of Social Media to Share Information
Codecamp Romania welcomes and encourages the use of social media by attendees. As a courtesy to other members, as well as to presenters at such events, we ask that you follow accepted social media etiquette.
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, Codecamp Romania cannot guarantee its absolute security and cannot accept any liability where the security of your Personal Data is compromised. The security of your Personal Data is important to us. When you enter sensitive information on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (TLS/SSL).
You hereby give your consent for Codecamp Romania to use for the purposes of processing complimentary or otherwise ticket registration the mandatory data and any voluntary data you provide when registering a complimentary admission ticket. You further give your consent for the voluntary data provided. You acknowledge and accept that your data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent and will be retained and stored for this purpose.
You acknowledge that Codecamp Romania will not provide transport or travel expenses to or from any event or conference.
Event Cancellation, Postponement and Substitution Policy
Codecamp Romania is not responsible for any loss or damage because of a substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an event. Codecamp Romania shall assume no liability whatsoever in the circumstances that an event is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of an event impracticable, illegal or impossible. For purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to: war, fire, labor strike, extreme weather or another emergency.
Please note that while speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organisers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, Codecamp Romania reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible.
Code of conduct
The organization of Codecamp Romania events assumes that most attendees are well-intended and collectively a smart group to work with. Next are a few guidelines about the expectations and the behavior of everybody involved in the conference in a way or another:
- Our priority is that the Codecamp Romania events are a safe and productive environment for everyone. Most of the sessions will be delivered in English only, therefore we will conduct the conference mostly in English, including written and oral instructions and introduction of speakers and sessions. We may occasionally use Romanian as an auxiliary language in some cases by the event staff.
- The very nature of the events that gather hundreds of people is of an unpredictable, yet exciting project. Fellow attendees, speakers, professionals and volunteers working at the conference, organizers and collaborators we are all entitled to be welcomed and respected.
- The organisers are reasonable people. We would love the event to run impeccably, in time and be productive for everybody so that you do not even notice us. Please be patient and understanding should any incident or technical glitch show up, from delays or confusion in registration line, up to quality and availability and quality of audio, Wi-Fi facilities, drinks and refreshments, etc.
- Please bring any concerns to the immediate attention of the event staff, or contact [email protected]. While we cannot guarantee response times, we will try to help in keeping the event friendly and effective to all attendees.
Changes to this Policy
Codecamp Romania Limited reserves the right to modify this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent at any time. Any changes will be posted on our homepage and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of the changes.
In accordance with the Romanian legislation 2016/679/UE on the protection of privacy, you have the right to access and correct your Personal Data and privacy preferences at any time.
If you believe that Codecamp Romania has not complied with this Terms and Conditions with respect to your Personal Data, or if you would like to react, have any other questions, comments or complaints about this Policy, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail at: [email protected].
Last update: May 3, 2018